main menu


The Community Law Division at Metropolitan Public Defender is offering free attorney consults by phone. To participate, you must either have a Home Forward voucher, live in Home Forward housing, be on a Home Forward waitlist, or have a child living in Home Forward housing.

Call 503-273-1315 or fill out this form to consult with an attorney for free, and see if you qualify for one (or more) of the following services:

• Eliminating fines and fees owed to the court

• Expunging criminal records

• Reducing felonies to misdemeanors

• Restoring driving privileges

• Clearing old evictions

• AND MORE… Call and ask whatever questions you have. We will try to help!


    All conversations are confidential and protected by Attorney Client Privilege.

    subscribe to our Newsletter

    Home Forward Logo

    Choose Your Preferred Language

    English English Русский Русский Afsoomaali Afsoomaali Español Español Tiếng Việt Tiếng Việt

    For Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Somali, and Arabic, this site uses Google Translate. Please contact us if any information provided in your language is incorrect or unclear. Vital forms are all translated by a specialized service. Read our Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Plan here.

    Attention residents

    As some of you may have heard, on August 20th 2023 the Portland Water Bureau’s regular testing of water quality detected small amounts of the bacteria Cryptosporidium. Since learning of this, Home Forward staff has been in contact with the Portland Water Bureau.

    We have been assured that healthy individuals can and should continue using water as normal.

    If you are immunocompromised or are taking an immunosuppressive drug, you can kill any potential cryptosporidium bacteria by boiling your water for 1 minute before consuming.

    • If you are boiling the water to drink, let the water cool.
    • Iodine and Chlorine do not kill this bacteria, and to treat for potential bacteria you should boil the water.
    • If you have questions please reach out to your property manager or resident services coordinator.

    Please visit the Center for Disease Control website to get additional information.